Re: TCS Update... + more meeting info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:07:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Dan Moquin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
I think that might be a good idea.  I had origionally thought we could do the
"dry-run" at the next general meeting but now that I think about it that
might not be the best approach for a couple of reasons.

1.  Not everyone is into Castle.
2.  We might be rushed to do it all in a couple of hours.
3.  It might be fun to have time to just fool around with the setup to see
   what works best.  We wouldn't have time on a week night.
4.  The logistics of doing this on a week night might be tought with all the

So yah I think a separate weekend meeting for the dry-run would be cool.  I
am basically free on weekends (given enough advance warning) so now all we
need is a location.  I suppose if this is going to be a smaller meeting with
only those with an interest in the TCS display we could do this at someone's
home.

Yeah, I'm thinking that either someone's home or a confrence-room-type-thing
that's actually close to parking would be good for the dry run... The room at
BU is good for typical meetings, but I don't think it's particularly suited to
this kind of thing... I think we'd probably need vast amounts of
floorspace/tablespace (probably would need lots of modular tables to rival
floorspace) ... something to probably double TCS's window at least, just so
there's some extra room for setup...

That beg's the question...  How many people other than Dave and I are
interested in doing a TCS dry run on a weekend.  You don't necessarily have
to have a model to include if you just want to come check it out but if you
want to come please let us know because if this is going to be at someone's
home we need a fairly accurate count of people.

Most certainly... I think in my previous post I should have tried to make sure
not to sound like I was excluding people who aren't contributing-- that wasn't
my intent at all... But those of us who are typically Mindstorms people or
trains people or something might not really want to come (at least not for the
hour or two that we spend setting everything up [maybe more, who knows?])

Count me in - just let me know when and where.  I'd volunteer my house, but I
don't think you'd all like to drive down to CT.

Dan M.

I'd volunteer my place as well, except for the fact that it's a pretty small
apartment (might work for maybe 4 of us doing a setup... more would start to
get cramped), it's on the 3rd floor (kinda far from parking this time of year
with winter parking bans on certain sides of the streets), and it's all the way
out in Worcester, which is an hour hike for all our Bostonian/Boston-suburb
type people... HOWEVER, as I've offered before, I can look into getting a
conference room at WPI if people are interested...

DaveE