Re: Brikwars TL6 Initial Details (6/15/02?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 21:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
Ooooooo, I like! If only I had the extra bricks available to, I'd make some
staircase modules raising up a level, along with large tiled landings to put
other modules onto at that same raised level. Then of course the raised
level would have plenty of room for being sunken in with pits and the like...

I've been thinking about things like this in my thinking about dungeon modules
for a brick RPG. You can elevate things by just using stacks of 2x2 bricks (or
if you want to go more and 2 or 3 bricks high, build a little more complex
support lattice). If you're careful, I think you could get a large section
elevated without sucking up tooooo much brick...

   Another possibility is to build the modules atop dark grey 8x8/8x16
   megabricks (suitably multiplied, of course); that would solve the odd
   baseplate depth problem.  Yes, I know it's more expensive, but by the
   prevailing price for 8x16s on BrickLink you'd probably be looking at
   a cost of about $10 per 32x32 area covered.  Also, megabricks are mighty
   smart-lookin', though unless you have very carefully made support, the
   break every 8 or 16 bricks can take away from structural integrity.
   (This is the problem that I'm running into, blah.)

   But any "support network" need not be made of LEGO, if the elevation
   does not have anything underneath it.  Actually, even if it *does*...
   lengths of 2x4 might suffice, if made into I-sections.

   best

   LFB