Re: Brikwars TL6 Initial Details (6/15/02?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Maybe we should have
some sort of bonus for the best designed module?  Some game-related advantage
for the person who produces the most impressive component?  For example, a
psionic amplifier to control aliens within so many studs?  Or some nifty
weapon?  Or maybe just some bonus troops?

I was just thinking I've got quite a few UFO-style aliens as well as LOM
aliens. And a healthy batch of Gungans. I'm tempted to be a squad of purely
one breed of alien. Or a squad of hyper intelligent space monkeys. Ewoks maybe?

We should probably start to define the army limits soon as well.  200-300 CP
per person?  That is enough to provide everybody with a nice squad, or a
slightly smaller one with a small vehicle or something.  More?  Less?

I'm thinking less is more. Using primarily figs means if we set too high a
limit we'll get little armies instead of little squads... At an offhand
guess I'd estimate about 10-20 troops per player? (maybe just 10-15) I
dunno. Mostly just cuz if it's going to be a troop-centric game and we have
lots of area to cover, we'll probably want to have lots of turns [since
troops are pretty slow]...

Alternatively, we could start to split up into teams now, and let the teams
discuss with each other what they want to bring, with a team budget (of 1000
CP?  1200?).  This worked really well for our last medieval game, and allowed
everybody to come into the game with already-extant background, rivalries,
etc. I'd vote for that.

I heard rumors of an existing plotline or one in development? Any word on
that? BTW, did we decide if this an actual ship or a base? I was thinking
earlier about making an 'outside the base' module where invaders could enter
from, with some big exterior panelling (docked ship/base walls) and rock
faces, etc... Would give me a chance to use, say the 32x32 crater plates or
something :)

Oh yes, how many teams do we want? More teams might be more fun (and more
destructive), but more people also means longer turn time...

DaveE