Re: Brikwars TL6 Initial Details (6/15/02?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 04:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jorge Fernandez writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:

32x32 - Sick Bay (at present it kinda reminds me of a dentist's office)
32x32 - Undecided
16x16 - Storage
16x32 - T-hallway

32x32 - Science Lab.
16x32 - Hallway (not sure if is going to be I, T, H or S).
32x32 - Hangar #1.
48x48 - Undefined yet, but it has an airlock and space suit storage.

So far, I've got:

32x32 - Hydroponics Area
16x32 - Hallway
16x16 - I can't even remember whether it's a room or hallway
32x32 - T.B.D. - Another Lab? A Navigation Room? A Controls Room?

and Jonathan mentioned:

32x32 x 2 - Crew Quarters and Cafeteria

32x32 Crew Quarters (3 officers and 8 crew)
32x32 Cafeteria with restrooms for crew
32x32 Storage room with Carousal Horses
32x32 Storage room undecided.

2 16x32 hallways in progress
16x16 turbolift in progress

I know Joe C. has also developed some pretty amazing concepts, which will
probably blow the pants off anything I can come up with.  Maybe we should have
some sort of bonus for the best designed module?  Some game-related advantage
for the person who produces the most impressive component?  For example, a
psionic amplifier to control aliens within so many studs?  Or some nifty
weapon?  Or maybe just some bonus troops?

We should probably start to define the army limits soon as well.  200-300 CP
per person?  That is enough to provide everybody with a nice squad, or a
slightly smaller one with a small vehicle or something.  More?  Less?

Alternatively, we could start to split up into teams now, and let the teams
discuss with each other what they want to bring, with a team budget (of 1000
CP?  1200?).  This worked really well for our last medieval game, and allowed
everybody to come into the game with already-extant background, rivalries, etc.
I'd vote for that.

I'll second the vote, but I'd rather not make the teams.

So who's coming?  So far, we know of:

Jorge
Joe C.
Jonathan
Dave E.
Shaun

Those who are planning on coming send me an email and I'll send you
directions to my place.  I should be able to fit all the modules mentioned
so far on the table I have, but keep posting what you build.  If we end up
with more than 36 32x32 baseplates, I might need to get other tables from Eric.

Jonathan