Re: Just a quick question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:47:18 GMT

Eric,

I really like this idea of standardization of sorts.  I was going to ask
about it earlier, but didn't want you guys to think I was "rigid"!  here are
my thoughts.

Well, let's take standards in a little bit of context, right?

1) Buildings that are based on half a baseplate sounds great.

In the downtown area, yes.

2) I have to imagine that these bulding baseplates would be surrounded by
street plates, correct?  Does that mean the strip of studs between the lanes
and the base holding the building would be sidewalk?  (Does this make
sense???)

Right.

3) And if that area becomes sidewalk, should it be built up?  Covered with
tiles?  Raised more to make curbs?

We already did tiles, I am not sure on if we raise it or not. A lot of
plates would be needed.

4) Are 6 wides fair game as far as vehicles go for busses, big rigs, etc.?

We have no vehicle standards, since we have various ones for different areas
and themes, nor do I think there should be.

5) Maybe different standards for different parts of the "city"

Some of the building sizes, but we don't want to have it so strigent that
some people might not want to participate.

All in the spirit of making things "fit" better of course.

For the downtown area, yes, but having too many standards would be limiting,
and not neccessary for all areas.

Other ideas I had were (since we are the great lake state) a large freighter
and a coast gaurd station.  What do you think?

Coast Gaurd station would be good, we need a bigger water section next time.