Re: Just a quick question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:

Hmm... we could use any trains, or train related stuff, we definately need
soem commerical buildings, malls, etc. My wife said we need a mall, but a
strip one would be good. We are also thinking of having a classic downtown,
as well as the skyscrapers.

Welcome Eric! The way to be a member of this dis-organization is to
participate...

To everyone...

On the topic of a classic downtown... I think doing one would be great! I
would like to propose a standard to see what people think of it. (the idea

This does sound good that way i can build by "downtown" fire station:-)
If you build buildings that have fronts and backs but blank wall sides, do
it in such a way that you fit half baseplate boundaries. Either make each
building 1, 2 or 3 half baseplates, or make two buildings on the same full
baseplate... If you have a non blank wall, like an alley, set it up for the
edge of a baseplate.

Sticking to this means we can switch buildings around at will.

Also, if you build a corner building, which is a good thing, try to make not
all of the corner buildings have their corner on the same side. All of ours
so far have the corner side on the left and the blank side on the right
(when you look at them from the front) except one.

Being able to switch buildings around sounds good to me.
We don't HAVE to do things this way but I think if we try it, it will let us
mix and match more.

What do others think?