Re: Confusion (the convention, not Amy's general state of being)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:58:53 GMT

Tony & All,

My thoughts. Oh no not Tony!

That's for sure! ; )

I was thinking of the GR display. If we took
out Chris’s airport and put a military base there.

What kind are you referring to?

We took out Steve’s train
yard and put a ship landing platforms there.

You mean baseplates for landing plateforms, or something different?

We would have a passenger
train, a freight train and a monorail. We could use your new train station
next to the ship landing area and come up with some docks for the military
base and try to build some train garages.

Well, hopefully it will be done by then! : )

I’m not sure if Steve will
participate but we could use his. We need loading docks from ships to
trains. Maybe some other stuff.

Yup.

I don’t know who is panning to attend but I
think we can pull this off. We need Chris’s downtown buildings, Jason’s
factory; the fast food strip would be nice. I hope we will have people to
make filler buildings for the empty spaces. I don’t thing some of the train
people will attend the space thing. I think we need to know who is willing
to attend. The new members are more than welcome to help out in both layouts.

Indeed, help us, help us! : )
Amy,
Does everyone have to dress up in a costume to attend this. I don’t have a
problem with it but it might shy away some members. I want to dress up as a
Viking anyway. But some others might not want to do this. Clear this up so
we will be able to know who will be attending.

I try not to, but your young, dress up all you want!

I think there defiantly needs to be a commitment to attend this. We need
special building for the space display and we need people willing to make
some stuff. Please Please Please Please let us know if this display is a go.
We might be able to shrink the space display if everyone will think it’s too
much for two weekends in a row. Please again let us know who is willing to
attend the space display. Ideas are welcome.

I will do so, and I can provide the histroy in terms of space stuff, I think
Larry said something about history, but I am not sure what he was thinking in
that regard.

Scott S.