Re: Just a quick question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:

For the downtown area, yes, but having too many standards would be limiting,
and not neccessary for all areas.

Yes, agreed! What seems to work well for the edge city part is to just
allocate so many blocks, or so many plates within a block, to a builder and
it all works out. The downtown, packed tighter, benefits from either more
planning, or more rigid standards, to get it all to come together. We had a
tiny inner downtown last show. I aspire to something like what NELUG has
been able to achieve, several blocks of it!

Other ideas I had were (since we are the great lake state) a large freighter
and a coast gaurd station.  What do you think?

Coast Gaurd station would be good, we need a bigger water section next time.

Indeed. Coast Guard, Navy base, ferry, big bridge.. heck, let's see if we
can do a boat show for pay and skip the land!