 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / *288 (-20)
  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) go (...) plates (...) Nate, I think ideal train layouts should utilize tables on four sides. The restrictions of track curvature may make this necessary. Also, a lot of tight curves are difficult for long trains to navigate due to increased (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) While it would be nice to do that I am apposed to that only because train layouts aren't as flexible and town layouts.. because the tracks only have two sizes... Straight and curve that makes it difficult to get loops tight together and they (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) I was doing some thinking and what if we decided to make the layout in an L-shape? Still 2 tables, but it would allow for a little more control for us...Public on one side, us (exhibitors) on another. I just gave track designer a whirl and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes: <<snipped>> (...) Wayne this is a great idea. Very cool. I am happy to accept the postion of Director of the Lucnyville Historical Society and Chairman of Lucnyville Preservation and Restoration (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(In Character) In light of K-Salm Constructions busy sch. I have reallocated the HiTechnic Building plans to an outside contractor from the neighboring town. They have already starting the project and have the skeletal parts of the building up. It (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) give (...) Gee, I don't ever recall bidding on that job. I am drafting my bid proposals for an airport, hotel, harbour, and some other warehousing space, however. I need to contact Mr. Sardullo at the Zoning board for project approval. <grin> (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Track Counts

I'm not sure who asked what I had but here the total number of tracks. This count is based on what I could find, there might be some more laying around or in boxes somewhere. 148 Straight Tracks 196 Curved Tracks 6 left Points 5 right Points I also (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Layout design (Round 1)

I gave a shot at Track Designer and came up with this design (URL) right handside has been created in my living room, right is mirrored to the other side except for the switch out to repair shop. If you study the track layout you will find that it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes: <<snipped>> (...) I was originally just thinking as a landmark, but the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have some minifigs dressed in NPS uniforms giving a little tours... In terms of local (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

Wow, things are heating up! :) It seems we have our own personal Castle World for Trains and Town, this should be fun. I Love George H's idea of an old canal. I think if we can infuse some local scenes in with our fictitious ones, we may please a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) Nate, Wow, lots of potention, I like the idea. Is there room for an old canal? George (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

YES!!!...!!! I love it. Luck-Knee-Ville yes thats the correct way to pronounce it. Nate you've sent chills down my Spine. This is what we needed.... Now we have a Roadmap to work from... Your Insight as Mr Burns would say.... "Excellent....!" I have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

The story of the city that could. Lucnyville, pronounced "luck-knee-ville"?? had been at one time a bustling frontier town. It had modernized and grown with the advent of the industrial age and grew to be an important stop on the railroad for (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Moment of Clarity

(...) I'll have to get more pictures when I get a chance - I'm working on the LDraw stuff tonight. I agree - automating the points opens up a lot of possibilities. I'd love to coordinate with John on stuff for a portion of the module, or just (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

(...) Exactly! (...) I think a trolley loop should be idea for this. Lots of ways to incorporate a dogbone loop for those, and an RCX would help us take advantage of that tight design over a regular loop with switched polarity matched with your (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) obviously (...) Is this like what Dean did for our last VLC layout? We had 2 passenger trains running on the same outer loop - one just went round and round, but the other one (Hogwarts Express) was (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

Crossposted to trains and trains.org for more visibility as I feel this is pretty exciting stuff! (...) There are a myriad of small trackside buildings that can be used, as well as equipment cabinets etc which are used for prototype (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

Hi ! I like the overall scheme, although my knowledge in the general area of trains and buildings etc is very sketchy yet. But I am very keen to incorporate/infuse Mindstorms "stuff" into layout automatation. I loved the jam-proof motorized point (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Moment of Clarity

Ok I have a mouth and brain full of stuff to cover. I am going to try and be brief and not jump around to cover everything that I want to say. (Takes a DEEP Breathe) #1 after some thinking about the layout I came to the conclusion that Yes we will (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Website Update

This month's update at Duel's Tales are: *updated toa moc's page *edited tales, characters, athas info, and tech info pages *edited turaga, tohonga, masks, and notes pages *updated plans & ideas page Note that next month (May) the site will be down (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact