 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 3846
Re: Nuovi treni 9V
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 21:35:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.it.itlug, Eric Kingsley wrote:

It's interesting; it appears that Luca went ahead and did exactly what you
did, only in Italian.  Did he even {know} about your site?  I'm not sure
which is a stronger message-- that all of the protests come from one,
unified source, or grassroots protests springing up independently around the
world.

If you drop his URL into Babelfish, you get the general idea of what is
being said.  Apparently "LEGO" in Italian means "I tie":-)

I had already done that ;-).  Bablefish is great for getting a general gist
of a writen post/page.  I just don't like using it for translating my posts
into another language.  I feel it looks unprofessional as the translations
are pretty choppy.

The image on that site is pretty similar to this one that was uploaded to
save.9vtrains.com (Not created by me).

<<http://save.9vtrains.com/mediagallery/mediaobjects/disp/e/ebe009513fca6f201e24b1c951b2f5ee.jpg>>

So I think they very well may have known about the site.

Now I don't want to hijack this ITLUG discussion, my feeling is that having
as many 9v trains sites out there as possible is a good thing.  I also think
having one central site for gathering different ideas on this subject is
helpful as well.  So I think both a single clearing house and individual
sites will work together to make our point.

Hi!
I've found many weeks ago the website http://save.9vtrains.com/ and the idea of
the protest comes from there. I've picked up a picture (sorry if I didn't say
nothing) I liked and wrote my opinions in Italian language. They are pretty
similar to the ones written into that website but really few AFoL from Italy
visit websites that are not in Italian, so I've decided to start myself this
protest into my country.
I think it is important that there is a major source of the protest, but it is
important too that there are many others website that hold this protest (and
refer to the major source). The probability of a visit into
http://save.9vtrains.com/ is less than the sum of the probabilities of visits
into 10 or 20 different AFoL websites.
If you want start a newsgroup in Italian language within save.9vtrains.com, I
would partecipate gladly!

Bye
Luca