 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 3851
Re: Nuovi treni 9V
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 23:55:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.it.itlug, Luca Giannitti wrote:

Hi!
I've found many weeks ago the website http://save.9vtrains.com/ and the idea of
the protest comes from there. I've picked up a picture (sorry if I didn't say
nothing) I liked and wrote my opinions in Italian language. They are pretty
similar to the ones written into that website but really few AFoL from Italy
visit websites that are not in Italian, so I've decided to start myself this
protest into my country.

No problem, that is what those images are for :)  As for the site I am working
on ways to make it even more international.  As it stands members can choose
their language and most of the "navigation links" will translate for you.  I am
also working on making it so I can put multiple translations of the "Welcome"
message up for the various languages as well.

I think it is important that there is a major source of the protest, but it is
important too that there are many others website that hold this protest (and
refer to the major source). The probability of a visit into
http://save.9vtrains.com/ is less than the sum of the probabilities of visits
into 10 or 20 different AFoL websites.
If you want start a newsgroup in Italian language within save.9vtrains.com, I
would partecipate gladly!

Well I am happy to set it up.  I just need someone to volunteer to be a
moderator, as I don't understand Italian.  That person should also be willing to
translate important posts from English to Italian and Italian to English so
everyone can participate.  They don't have to translate everything, just
important points of interest.

I would just need the volunteer's user ID to set them up as a moderator.  If
more than one person wants to be a moderator that is perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Eric

I also want to say I admire the Italian community and the amount of activity you
have.  It is quite impressive.

Bye
Luca