 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9379
  Web controlled robot back up and ready!

Well, mostly ready--I put the 'bot together during SNL last night... Anyway, with much further ado and fanfare-- (URL) it! If you have ideas for improving or enhancing the RoboCam'Bot, or other ideas for a web controlled 'bot, drop me a line. Take (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!! I just collected three blocks with your robot. Remote control like this is for some reason really cool. I remember looking at your SourceForge page about this a while ago -- I’m glad to see it working. One problem I noticed (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) I gave it a shot and was able to stack a block without much difficulty. Lots of fun. If I had more time I'd try for 2. I did check the temperature, and I'm not sure if I should call the fire department for you...227C. Thanks Dave...It was a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) It needs an "Oh 5h!t" button. ROSCO (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Going to build a better wiring harness this week. THe 'bot has a power cord and the Vision Command Camera cord running to it. It's hanging from a stick about 3 feet above the board rightnow--going to make something better. (...) Love to set up (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Always there for ya, Bruce. No worries. Dave K (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) For you ROSCO, I'll add one :) Dave K (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Make it wireless! (URL) device is designed for printers, and it looks like the printer end of it requires a 5 volt power supply, but I'm sure it could be made to work. Trevyn. (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) LOL you also need a queue and only one person at a time! I've been trying to stack 4 and just when i get everything ready, someone else comes and stuffs it all up! ROSCO (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) i saw a webcam site years ago that gave a person 5 minutes of unfettered time when they logged in--i can't find the software to do that, however. and after today, my site will probably die down so you can take all the time you want. btw, nice (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) LOL that wasn't mine - that was the person that came after me ;) ROSCO (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) I can sketch something for you and email it. Before I do that, though, what's the difference between the two sets of controls on each side? The inner ones rotate it on its axis, but I'm not sure what the outer ones do. (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

Well, I just spent fifteen minutes banging around and it's really cool! Makes me want to put a webbot together. Hope I didn't wake you up. It's 5:45am here. :-) (don't ask what I'M doing up at this crazy hour) The only suggestions I would offer (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) This is one sweet WebBot! I haven't had this much fun stacking blocks since yesterday! Very nice job. I like the way the arm works, too, where it lifts a block only if the grippers actually grab a block. Could you post a few pictures of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) The inner ones drive the one set of wheels forward whilst driving the other set of wheels backwards. THe outer buttons just drive the one set of wheels, whilst the other set of wheels remain stationary. I can change the programming. IIRC, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) The camera position is a compromise between seeing the grabbing mechanism so you can stack blocks on top of one another, and seeing as much of the layout as you can. I do want to set up a secondary cam for an overview, but the software on 1 pc (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) It's nice, but not in the budget--buying a house drains finances faster than anything I've experienced in the past, including my rusty pick-up! Dave K -money? I once had some... (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Hey Chris, THanks for the good review! If you want to see pics of the actual 'bot, I have some of the original that I had up a year ago-- (URL) scroll down and you'll see the 'bot as it was back then. The one in the arena right now is not (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

Figures, when I get to work the 'bot flakes out. I'll see what the issue is when I get home tonite. Dave K (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Fixed (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) That's what I thought. To keep things simple for the user, you can get rid of the outer set of buttons because those are really only appropriate when you have a joystick-type interface and the latency between the user and the robot isn't so (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

Can I have a diploma or something? I have actually driven a LEGO-bot made by a guy in rtlToronto! Or perhaps a medal? No? First time I've played with LEGO that's over the Atlantic, not counting the awesome magic eight ball since it had non-LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Hi Tobbe! I'd like to say that you're the person situated the farthest distance from me that 'officially' used the 'bot, but ROSCO has you beat. Don't think there are too many folks that can beat ROSCO for farthest distance :) Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) You can have an octopus, but you'll either have to pick it up at an event or dinner, OR pay for shipping to Europe. Calum (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) An *octopus*??? I had *no idea* you were secretly a Red Wings fan, Calum... ++Lar (who actually thinks throwing sea creatures onto hockey rinks is kind of lame but it's better than rioting) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Tradition is tradition. I can't remember why I know about the octopus thing , but somehow I remember reading about it. (URL) for why the octopus is now a tradition in rtlToronto, it's because back in 1994 or 1995, way before any of this Lugnet (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) Have you actually calculated what the point on the earth's surface that is the farthest away from you is (ignoring issues like imperfect rotundity of the planet, elevation above sea level and etc)? Presumably you can get it by just inverting (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) But I still haven't successfully stacked 4 :( ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) <snip> :) (...) ROSCO, if that was you, it was beautiful to watch--there's a stack, then very carefully a third goes on top, then the grabber slowly releases, then the 'bot backs up, and pulls over the stack! Sooooooo close! Having the 'bot in (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!

(...) LOL! No that alas was somone else - my technique is to ..... but thats a secret ;) ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)