 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8510
Re: New York's Mayor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:37:54 GMT

None of this would have really happened if the cheap "powers that be," both here
in the US and probably even Canada would have wanted to spend money to upgrade
the power systems to 21st century standards. We're still running on ancient
technology..

Here, here!!!

i can understand the concept behind the cascade that shut down the power...... what I
cant under is why such a system was allowed to continue 36 YEARS after the FIRST time
it happened.

granted back in 65(?) it took 72 hours to get back up and running, we have it down to
12 - 24 hours now.

.The money's there, why not spend it on something useful?

well, see, their is the rub. up here the money is from tax's and ... well, its like
that homer simpson cartoon where the teachers want a raise for better educating the
kids, and the crowd screams YEA, then the principal makes the "cost money" finger rub
motion, and the crowd says NO WAY....(to higher taxes)

rock....

hard place...

ROCK.....

Hard place....