 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8495
Re: New York's Mayor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:20:35 GMT

Aaron Sneary wrote:

This morning on the news I heard NYC's Mayor (I cannot spell his name) say that
the blackout likely occurred somewhere in Canada. A song popped into my head:
"Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"

Take care of yourselves. But don't rig candles to the RCS's.

Aaron Sneary

I heard that early this morn and I cant tell you how upset this made me.

what next, American's will refuse our beef?  .... oh wait.
or how about screening all air traffic for SARS.... oh wait.....
or slapping an illegal *27% tariff on Canadian lumber..... oh wait.
its not like nation Canadian  reporters and political staff once called your
Commander in Chief a MORON..... oh wait

ok, west nile.... you cant pin THAT on us.

&*#$%  we made a choice to stay out of your "war" and now we pay the price.

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?

* which as BOTH the WTO AND NAFTA courts said was illegal but the US is still heel
dragging AND using stalling tactics to no reply the BILLIONS owed lumber exporter.

and just to continue this rant.....

When the 27% tax was imposed it had a short term effect on the price of canadian
lumber in the US and people bought american. THEN the Canadian lumber mills laid
off a lot of staff, AND still figured out a way to reduce cost by that same 27%.
ergo the lumber was still cheaper and market forces had people buying Canadian
lumber again.  OH, and when the dust settles and the 27% tariff is removed we will
still be 27% more efficient.

whew.... that was a bit of pent up rage.....

the preceding attack is aimed solely at the administration and "system" you lego
guys are still cool.**

** except you Steve H.  ;)