 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8502
Re: New York's Mayor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:41:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ka-On Lee wrote:

Oh man I can't believe they manage to open both stock markets today.

I see TSE opened up fine. American SE is down while NYSE is up. Yesterday the
markets got a full day in but us peons on 20 minute delays see flatlines just
prior to closing.

My old employer in NYC, Bear Stearns has even had air conditioning running
continuously! We put 3 days worth of fuel oil into our brand new skyscraper
after 9-11 (uh...) People were sleeping in their cubes. I did that once last
summer, it sucks because the lights won't stay off (motion sensors.)

I kinda wish I was there now. I wonder what it is like to be able to see the
stars over Manhattan?

The weirdest thing is that yesterday I had been reading the Aug 11
Computerworld.. a trashy cyberpunk article about "Black Ice" and how
cyberterrorists could disable electric utilities. "Consider the power grid: In
the six months following the World Trade Center attacks, security companies
logged 129,000 intrusions..."

How many people in Canada were in the blackout?