 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8503
Re: New York's Mayor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:46:26 GMT

I got B5 s3 from AMazon on Wednesday

     I never really understood the point of buying new-release DVDs from online
stores.  I was able to preorder B5.3 from my local Sam Goody and pick it up
Tuesday for the preorder special of USD80 (reg USD100), and I didn't have to pay
a dime for S@H.  Of course yesterday I get a message on my machine telling me
that today is the start of a triple-points weekend...

and was looking forward to watching more eps last night, but alas, no power.

     Dude, I feel for you.  I had four unwatched B5.3 discs and four unwatched
Futurama.2 discs sitting at home when the power went out.  Fortunately I live in
that sliver of Western Michigan that went unscathed by this whole incident, so I
was able to pop B5.3.3 in last night.

Btw, s3 is awesome--

     I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I believe it's considered to be
the best all-around season (or maybe 2nd best after B5.4).  I've never really
been able to pick a favorite, as there are lots of aspects of every season that
I love, and a few that I don't.

"Only one human captain has ever survived a battle with the Minbari.  He is
behind me.  You are in front of me.  If you value your lives, be somewhere
else."

     Now that one I know for a fact is considered to be the single best line
from any B5 production.  Probably the best line in any Sci-Fi drama.  (JMS does
mention that someone pointed out that Sinclair also survived the Battle of the
Line, but I just realized he never made Captain, so the line still works)