 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4655
Re: Decisions Decisions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:11:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin writes:
So, what I'm suggesting is BUY NOW!  before they are discontinued and start
appearing on eBay for 150 USD+.  I'll have to disagree with Derek here, and
say that I think the 8448 is the best of all the supercars (I am only
missing the 8865 test car from my collection).

I like them in this order: 8880 Supercar, 8466 SUV, 8448 Supercar II.

What I didn't like about the 8448 was that it was technically less complex
than the one before it.  The 8466 returned to the same level of complexity
as the 8880, but was mostly built out of these wacky halfbeams and things
instead of the "technic beam and hinge expansion pack" that is the 8880.

Another factor for me was the price I paid for each and the sequence I got
them in.  I got the 8880 for $60 at Sears a few years ago, and really liked
it.  Then I found the 8448 on sale at Legoland Billund for about $130 and
lugged the frickin thing, wedged between my clean clothes and my dirty
clothes, across the roads and fields of Veilje and halfway across Europe to
get it home.  Finally, Mario tipped me off on the $47 8466, which was really
cheap at Costco.  That made me feel I really got ripped off on the 8448,
even though now, after all these sales are long gone, the prices are all
different.

But maybe to put it in another way, for Dave, it's like the West Wing.  Even
a bad episode of the West Wing, is a medium or good episode of anything
else.  So even if I don't like the 8448, and John does, no matter what the
opinion, all the cars are still better than a lot of other sets out there :)

Calum

I'm sold.

Anytime there is a correlation b/w my hobbies and The West Wing...

Now we have to wait until October to see how the President is going to win
the election.

'Crime... boy, I don't know...' is when I decided to kick your ass.

Dave!!