 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4651
Re: Decisions Decisions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:37:17 GMT

If you like the 8466 Dave, the I think you'd really like the 8448 supercar
too, IMHO.  Both vehicles use the new technic panels for styling, as well as
the flex axles for that 'flowing' look.  These pieces add curvature to the
model itself, something you can't do with beams.

The 8448 looks like a proper sports car; low to the ground, steeply raked
windshield, gorgeous silvery wheels with low profile tires, and a nice
flowing body.  Kind of like the 8466, which looks like a serious 4x4; large
tires, lots of ground clearance, lots of suspension travel, and a bit of a
'mean' look to the vehicle.  The 8448 has enough panels to represent the
body, but not too many to prevent one from seeing the internal mechanisms.
The suspension, drivetrain, and tranny are nice, but pretty standard.  The
gullwing doors or pop-up convertible top (think Mercedes SLK) are really
nice.  The only weakness of the 8448 is that the front springs are too soft.

So, what I'm suggesting is BUY NOW!  before they are discontinued and start
appearing on eBay for 150 USD+.  I'll have to disagree with Derek here, and
say that I think the 8448 is the best of all the supercars (I am only
missing the 8865 test car from my collection).

Good luck!

John

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Personally I like the Red Super Car more then the 4x4.  The evidence of
this is my 4x4 is slated for dismantling but my Super Car still sits on
display with Olivia at the wheel.

I like that it has several different designs, and the engine can be
moved from the front to the back easily, depending on the look you are
going for at the time.  Some people say this as if its a fault, but it's
only rear wheel drive and front wheel steering.   That never bothered
me, most sports cars are like that.

Now, after visiting Calum's, I've finally seen an 8088 super car, and it
is by far the best one.

Is the Red one worth full price?  In the end, not really.  Are you going
to find it for less?  It doesn't look like it but who knows.

Derek

David Koudys wrote:

I just received my second 4x4 from Sears--they had 'em on discount
again--it's such a nice set...

Anywho, do I finally break down and buy the Super Car from S@H?  I mean,
it's red, looks great, but for 129 American...

I'd only be missing one supercar then (the one released before this one)

Anyway, thoughts?  Opinions?  Is the supercar worth it?

Dave!!