 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4660
Re: Decisions Decisions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:33:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message

The easy answer is buy it so you'll have a complete series.  You have to • ask
yourself is it really worth it.  I suppose no one can truly answer that,
except you.  The answers from others would carry subjectivity...in varying
amounts.

I never understood how people could buy sets just for the sake of having a
"complete" line of something. I guess it's a personal preference thing - I'd
rather get ahold of sets I know I was going to make good use of. Is it a
bragging rights thing? "I'm better than PersonY because I have
x(complete(System_Series))"?

At one point, like between 1999 and sometime last year, I thought complete
series was good.  Now adays, I just look for the best models in the line
(that have the elements I am looking for).  I don't care so much about
striving to be complete...especially in the line-up LEGO has put out
the last couple years.

(like staying within your (LEGO) budget).

You have a budget?!

Well not I really.  I was talking about Dave's LEGO budget.  Since I know that
Lego spending control is one of his big things.

On the other hand, winning big and having cool train and technic sets are
also high on Dave's Lego Agenda....

Ben

   Iain