 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2690
Re: OT, C64 musings Re: personal challange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:02:36 GMT

Where was I going with this?  Oh yeah, so I ended up taking them all home in
my minivan to the TPUG (Toronto Pet Users Group) meeting one year.  30 64's.
1541's and 1702's.  I hosed off most of them with a garden spray gun and
packed them back in.  I sold them out the back of the van to crazed
Commodore enthusiasts (not that far from Lego fans mind you) at $15 bucks a
piece.  It was hilarious, these guys trying to offload their old 64's at
$200 and me literally giving them away.  I took the cash and bought Ethernet
cards for our high school at the Commodore Canada warehouse firesale the
next year.   Sigh.

Calum

Oh my, there's some memories... I got my first 5.25 disk at a TPUG meeting
with PET software on it.  Cost me 5 dollars for 1 floppy! (circa 1980)

And what was his name... oh I can't remember... but he was the king of
Commodore and had lots of articles in Transactor... Bert or something...

And those metal cases for the 64, there was a deal at school where you buy a
64, 1541, 1702, and the metal case for 800 dollars... i already had the 64
and 1541 so i couldn't justify buying yet another one, for you only *need*
one 64...

though by the end of the era (circa 1985-86) i had about 5-7 working 64's
and a stack of 1541's (all set to different #'s 8-11) all daisey chained to
my 64 with the 1670 (i think) ram expander, which I increased to 1 meg o'
memory, a 1581 (3.5 floppy), and a slew of 1702 monitors...

Love the 1702... especially after i bought a vcr!

and i was pleasantly surprised the other day when i saw a 1702 being used
for just that...

have a boo

http://sparky.i989.net/trai0110.htm

go all the way down to the bottom of the pics and you'll see a 1702.

what i didn't take a picture of was on the other side of the room was a 1902
(the monitor for the 128, which i also still own) being used for the same thing.

sweet!

i should open a commodore museum

</nostalgia>

stay safe