 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2622
Re: personal challange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:55:50 GMT

I accept your challenge.

Chris Magno wrote:

You mean, be able to start from any configuration of blocks? I thought that
was already a requirement. I didnt think that we would be allowed to just
program the required movements.

no. technically, you could build a robot that picks up ALL the block
first and "stores" them in some holder. then put them back in the
correct position.

An on the fly solution would have a robot !!maybe!! scan the board, then
fix blocks, !!OR MAYBE!!  scan one block at a time and fix it then and
there.  that's kind of what i mean by on the fly.

BUT just to appease and make it clear, these are not rules.  In fact.
Rob gave me a neat idea about making a template.  I had not thought
about that solution.

anyone is still free to solve as they see fit.

--
Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @

--
    /"\
    \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Say NO to HTML in email and news