 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2616
Re: personal challange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

shrug. My point.   I spent about 4 1/2 hours "programming" the code for
my bot.   its HARD!!!

to that end.  I am personally challenging you to program your robot to
solve the puzzle on the fly.    this is NOT A RULE!!!  you can do
whatever you want.

Welcome Home, Chris. As for your challenge, I think that is what most people
will be doing. I can see how the more mechanical solution of picking them all
up and then dumping them through a template could work, but it would be tough
to pull it off. I would actually kind of like this:) Anyway, the reason for my
post, is that I would just like to say that Rob, the mechanical guy will be
solving this problem the 'right' way: on the fly. But, there is one subtle
twist I am going to introduce that will eliminate almost all need for logic and
problem solving. The only challenge will be positioning the light sensor. My
robot will definitely 'solve on the fly' as you wish, though:)
Rob