 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17145
Re: Proposed Assembly Line Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:08:57 GMT

Brian Davis wrote:

[And those dang Yankees just won't got back south of the border where they
belong...]

YA!! whats up with that!!!??

I like the idea of using the touch sensor, however it raise another question
(that, not being at a meeting, I don't have an answer to).

wow, you guys seem to think these diners are structured or something.

How are you proposing
the carrier and the work station communicate? One way would just be "stop until
the touch sensor is released", and make that red cylinder actually a movable
something (removed by the work station, for instance, when the assembly was
finished), or IR (but that might be... noisy. To say the least). What about
face-to-face light sensors?

I want to fool around with 2 touch sensors face to face.

but I dont see why a light beam wouldnt work?

Chris