 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17119
Re: Proposed Assembly Line Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:00:46 GMT

   Thankfully the building sequence is pretty top to bottom. One item (the minifigure) needs to assembled before his legs are folded and he’s seated on the car).

Waitwaitwait, did they build you at the Honda factory? :) I don’t think we should worry about the minifig (but that’s moot).

   Can I ask a dumb question? How do you guarantee the pallet and carrier stay stationary while a cell’s robot is trying to place something? Do you short the motor and hope? Extend a pin to keep it from moving?

Not a dumb question at all - to be honest I hadn’t thought about it. Once the “press down” starts happening I don’t imagine there will be any side force. If we do need a shot pin or something that shouldn’t be too hard.

Here’s what I’ve got so far for a prototype shuttle/carrier. The assembly fixture/pallet would be located on top of the RCX (8x12).

Guides. You can see the decelerate (yellow) and stop (red) targets.

Control switch on side of shuttle.

-Iain