 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14630
Re: What's Next... Re: Sorry I missed it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:38:58 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Tue, September 13, 2005 10:46 am, Derek Raycraft wrote:

One Chris suggested was shoving pins into a technic beam.  How about making a
pattern in LiteBrite?

One I had was to make a H shape out of rope (think two rtl16 ropes from the
ceiling with another tied between them at 10 feet up or so) whih you had to
grab, climb up, transition to the horizontal, then climb down the other
vertical.

to add

teamwork into the mix.  One idea would be to make a game where two robots work
together to complete a task, and the overall goal is to find the robot that works
the best with all the other robots.

That's tough.  The concept is novel, but the execution may be hard, as many
people don't seem to work well.  Cooperation in development of the robot is
tough too (eg, Fred Brooks, the Mythical Man Month).

Maybe something where robots have to "fuse" pairs together?  Like, all of your
pieces are green, mine are red, Dave's are orange.  We all drive around trying
to pair off and fuse your colour with another's?  At the end of the game, the
robot with the most of their colour in fused

If I build a very cooperative robot, I try and find as many partners as I can
and make as many fused pairs?  Wait...that sounds kinda slutty.

Imagine Project X with 5 pound cubes...

Doesn't that encourage vehicle based systems (eg the prop is larger than the
robot) versus platforms (the prop is smaller than the robot)?

Calum

With the advent of "bonktron", and now this "mating robots" post from
calum....

how about something like:

-------warning------ramblings------ warning----

some sort of mating game.

your bot has a stack of 2x4 (coloured) bricks.

your "opponent" or "mate" or "whatever" has a different colour

you have to,  like WORMS,  trade 2x4 genetic sacks.

this is ALMOST like a GBC re: the protocol hand off. BUT. we let ALL
bots run at once.

and they have to "mate" to trade genetic material???

the winner?

(sly grin)

maybe the winner who spread his seed the most,

OR

maybe the winner is the one who has collected the most material???

(shrug)

MAN, that would be fun AND way more fun to talk about on rtl then
"steves  balls"

Chris