 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14648
Re: What's Next... Re: Sorry I missed it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:36:27 GMT

On 9/13/05, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

In addition to Derek's Programming and Presision Placement, it would be cool
to add
teamwork into the mix.  One idea would be to make a game where two robots work
together to complete a task, and the overall goal is to find the robot that
works
the best with all the other robots.

Some possible cooperative events:

Relay race - possibly combine line folowing with passing a batton
between robots once per lap, with the best combined team time the
winner.

Paired retrival - have two mobile bots locate a single target object
having handles on oposite sides, one side black and one white.  Both
bots have to team to pick it up and bring it back over a line.  One
doing the retrival by itself would not count.

-Rob A>

PS- How did the mine rescue event turn out at BF?  I thought it looked
like a fun challange.