 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14623
Re: What's Next... Re: Sorry I missed it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:14:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

<snip>

In addition to Derek's Programming and Presision Placement, it would be cool to add
teamwork into the mix.  One idea would be to make a game where two robots work
together to complete a task, and the overall goal is to find the robot that works
the best with all the other robots.

<snip>

Steve

I think this is a phenominal idea!

Have a competition where there are two tasks.  Your robot has to be designed to
be able to do both Task A and Task B, but during the competition, only has to do
1 or the other and has to work with another robot that's doing the other task.
THe reason I say your 'bot has to do both is that if we say your 'bot only has
to do A or B, and A's easier to build, then all 'bots willbe 'A' and there'll be
no 'B' bots.

Have some standard transmission codes for relaying info from 1 bot to another.

What type of competition could we come up with that would encompass this?

Dave K