 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14622
14621  |  14623
Subject:
What's Next... Re: Sorry I missed it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:42:23 GMT

On Tue, September 13, 2005 10:46 am, Derek Raycraft wrote:
I'm hoping for the next contest we can do another challenge on the level
of C$ and Project X.  Programing and precision placement.  I love those
kinds of challenges.  I wonder if there is another kind of game like
connect 4 we can play.

Personally, I'd love to see something like this.  In addition to myself, I know of
at least four other builders who would be willing to travel the 10+ hours for a
"good" game.  Of course, I'm not sure what really makes a good game...

While destruction can be fun and entertaining for all of us, it doesn't offer the
same challenge as C$ or P-X.

Did you guys come up with any good game at the post-event dinner?

It wouldn't have to be a "ready-made" game, like C$.

In addition to Derek's Programming and Presision Placement, it would be cool to add
teamwork into the mix.  One idea would be to make a game where two robots work
together to complete a task, and the overall goal is to find the robot that works
the best with all the other robots.

Another idea would be an even where big is good.  Normally, I don't like allowing
big robots, because requiring the robot to be small is usually harder.  But, for
example, if the robots had to move something heavy, that could be interesting.

Imagine Project X with 5 pound cubes...

Steve