 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12409
Re: Aargh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Maybe once you inform them you did not volunteer for this, you can offer to loan
them a K8, which THEY can use for a building table...

Well, we don't have one.  Allan Bedford got one for Hobby Show 2003-we gave out
all the freebie stickers and buttons, but he never set up a play area with the
bricks.

The kit seemed to be a big success, at least raising some awareness I think.

The build area didn't get set up, as I recall, simply due to a lack of available
bodies to monitor it.

I had intended to bring the bricks to this year's show in case we were able to
set it up.

But Allan is a separate entity, anyway.

I've been called worse.  ;)

Actually, I like that.  I'm going to keep that and use it as my sig.

<SIG TEST>

Best regards,
Allan B.
A separate entity.

</SIG TEST>

Even if we had the K8, loaning them this box would be additional effort on our
part (we're really short on space in the car to begin with) and inevitably we
want nothing to do with it.

The bricks are available if you want them.

The fact Lego Canada has done nothing with these
folks is proof we  shouldn't bother.

Did someone from LEGO Canada get to The Hobby Show this year?  I know that as of
last year no one had ever been, so I'm not sure they've made an informed
decision about whether or not to participate.  Would it be beneficial to them to
do so?  I think it depends who you ask.

Best regards,
Allan B.
A separate entity