 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12398
Re: Aargh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
If it t'were me:  Notify the show organizer that there is an error on their
website, there will be no building area for the kids.  Note how that is
tactfully different from say they made an error, or they are mistaken.  Try
not to get roped into discussing reasons why you can't just throw one
together anyhow (although there are plenty, including manpower, cost,
choking hazard, etc.).  Simply tell them that the display has been
planned/prepared for months, and that table isn't part of it, *and* that
everything is fully ready for the Show and you are all looking forward to
helping to make it great.  (Note more tactful positive feel-goody stuff,
hinged with "and" not "but").

I'm seriously hoping this was an oversight on their part.  The cynic in me
believes the worst in them, this approach is probably better and assumes there
was just some misunderstanding.  While I'm largely offended by their request of
such an activity area and the assumption we would do this, it's probably easier
to be nonconfrontational as you say.

That's my unsolicited input.   ;]

You're probably right though.

Calum