 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12399
Re: Aargh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:31:17 GMT

THIS is what I feared:

"New this year is an amazing LEGO train layout, DCC controlled villages and a
building table for the youngsters!!! "

http://www.caorm.org/Pages/tts.html

First, I totally understand & agree with your reasons for not wanting to do
this.  My wife has a friend I don't get along with for this reason  (1).

However, didn't you guys get an event kit from Jake with a K8 in it?  I'm not
sure, but it seems that's exactly what those are for.

Of course, I know someone may still be required to watch the play area.  I'm not
sure about Canadians, but here in the US, if someone was hurt because they
swallowed a LEGO, the parents would sue whoever they could saying no one was
babysitting their child while they were off smoking, and eating fast food...

But, ignoring liability, if you have a K8, it shouldn't be a big issue.  I
believe LEGO gives those out assuming there will be shrinkage.  (no, Janey,
that's not what I ment...)

Maybe once you inform them you did not volunteer for this, you can offer to loan
them a K8, which THEY can use for a building table...

Steve

(1) So, one snowy Christmas day, as I'm putting on my coat to go to the store to
get allergy medicine for my wife, her friend says, "Go to the store and get some
allergy medicine for your wife."

It REALLY pissed me off.  I wanted to take my coat off and say "No."  Had it not
been something my wife needed, I would have.  Her friend's always been like
that.