 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12400
Re: Aargh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

<snip>

(1) So, one snowy Christmas day, as I'm putting on my coat to go to the store to
get allergy medicine for my wife, her friend says, "Go to the store and get some
allergy medicine for your wife."

It REALLY pissed me off.  I wanted to take my coat off and say "No."  Had it not
been something my wife needed, I would have.  Her friend's always been like
that.

I would have to say that this scenario is the second easiest way to increase my
blood pressure.

The easiest way to increase my blood pressure is if you, in the course of a
conversation with your wife, with the friend present, state that "Hey, I think
I'll go get some allergy medication for my wife" and then, 2 minutes later
whilst you're putting on your coat to follow thru on what was stated, the friend
then says, "Go to the store to get medication for your wife".

It really burns me.  Seriously.  I have a guy I work with who does this on
almost a daily basis.  We'll be in a meeting and someone will mention that
"Such-n-such a problem is occuring with this or that server".  I'll say, "Well,
to fix that we have to do this, that, and the other thing."  and this guy will
cut me off in mid sentence and state "No no no!!!  We have to do this, that, and
the other thing!" and it will almost be word for word what I just said, like a)
he didn't listen to a thing I said, and b) the emphatically stated "No no no!!!"
that leads off every time he inturrupts people just sends my blood into a boil.

But I'm trying to learn to let it not affect me.  It's tough--sometimes I just
want to reach out and strangle him.  But that might be a career limiting move.

Dave K