 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12402
Re: Aargh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:28:28 GMT

organizers at each show that we were a huge hit.  I see room for improvement on
the communication aspect, on my part, between me and the organizers, and I'll
endeavour to improve that aspect.

Don't get all bent out of shape on this one Dave, I suspect it's not your
communication (which is plenty friendly) but a bunch of overassuming selfish
organizers.

Every organizer seems to feel us volunteering, nonprofit groups, should take the
initiative to help out on their own time to benefit their for profit company.
Usually they use some form of "betterment of the hobby".

The Hobby Show guy was similar: "Can't you guys wake up at 5AM to do Hick-land
Live on the New VR  (or was it BT?)"

Me: "Uh....no."

Hobby Show guy: "But it'll really help bring people in!"

Me: "And how will that help me?"

Guy: "It'll bring more members and encourage people in the hobby"

Me: "And I give a flying fork in a rolling donut about that?"

Guy: "You'll be on television!"

Me: "Been there, done that.  Also did national and regional newspaper coverage
and regional radio too."

Guy: "It's not a big deal"

Me: "Oh, so I'll take a day off of work to help put dollars in your pocket?
What's my cut?"

Yeah, we've been there.  Don't worry bout it Dave, years of hanging around Chris
have made me VERY cynical as to the motives of what effectively are county fair
hucksters.

Calum