 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12028
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto17 Drag Racing Tentative Ruleset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:38:42 GMT

John Guerquin wrote:
I was thinking about this too.... but what if we stipulate that the robot MUST
use the black electrical tape finish line for detection, and NOT the table edge?
What if the robot is going so fast when it crosses the finish line that some
part of its front is hanging over the edge (1 inch or 2.54 cm or so)? would that
cause disqualification?

Based on the original concept, yes it would be a disqualification.

I don't think it right to stipulate that you must detect the line.

As I understand the game, the idea is to run down the track as fast as
possible but be able to stop in the given distance.  If you can hang off
the table then you are not stopping in the given distance.  That's my
point.

I agree about the other point: leave the competitors some design freedom -
either the bot physically turns around OR it simply reverses OR ???????

Flips over maybe?

Derek