 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11906
Re: Next rtlToronto Timing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:40:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Half Size Block Stacking

I have a bit of bad news.

Now, I'm interested.

Steve, anytime you want to make the trip.

I suspect I'm more welcome by some, than by others.

Another option is to give bonus points for consecutive blocks of the same color.
That would allow people to stack any color block, but get more points if they
use the same color.  For example +1 for each block that matches the block color
below it.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the previous scoring with the
addition that each wrong colour in the stack is -10.

Previous scoring is a 'modified' Paganitti (whoever) number sequence--adding the
previous 2 numbers for the next one.

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 ...

We lopped off the two 1's at the beginning of the sequence for our scoring
purposes in the past.

so a two block stack is worth 2 pts, a 3 block stack is worth 3, a 4 block stack
is worth 5, etc...

Actually, I was trying to suggest in addition to the above scoring, add bonus
points for stacking like colors together.

So, if you stack three blocks, 1 black, 1 white, and another black, you get 3
points.  If you have 2 white, and 1 black (or 2 black & 1 white) you get 3+1=4
points.  If you have 3 of either color, you get 3+2=5 points.

The idea is to encourage sorting.  But, with this, the highest stack will still
win.  If two stacks are the same height, the better sorted will win.

Steve