 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11930
11929  |  11931
Subject:
ENDLESS stinking reminder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:24:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Bruce Sheridan wrote:

...combined with what seems to be an ENDLESS stinking reminder that
Steve won the Connect 4 contest, I was really wondering what I could possibly
add.

Steve has been an ongoing pain ever since he won that contest. Wait, that may
not be entirely fair, I think he was a pain even before that!

Chris said winning the event gives me bragging rights, so I'm using them.  So
far, in addition to winning rtl-15, my C4 robots have won two "Best Creation"
awards, have been on TechTV, and also showed up on the news in Denmark.  I was
planning on taking them apart after Brickfest, but now I doubt that will happen
before the book comes out, if at all...

Did Steve enter Chasm Crossing?  Can't remember 'cause I didn't enter a 'bot in
that one...

I didn't make that one.  I did enter the King-of-the-hill event, and also rtl's
Pipe Racers at Brickfest '03 (from which the controversy still haunts me)

What else...

Oh block stacking, where some guy named Bruce and me seem to always win...

;)

While I enjoyed working with Rob to create a robot that didn't have it's two
halves assembled before the morning of the event, this one still stands out as
the only rtl event I've entered and lost.

That's why I like the idea of running it, again...  :)

Anyway, I love it when Steve enters and posts here--it adds much excitement to
our little neck of the woods...

welcome to a place where nothing is OT

Steve