 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11902
Re: Next rtlToronto Timing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:15:58 GMT

Half Size Block Stacking

How do you build a half-size block?

The competition takes place in the 4x4 arena (fixed so that seam is smoother)

Oh, right...   BS/2  :)

In the field will be 40 blocks--a 2x2 brick, a 2x2 plate and a 2x2 tile put
together--that almost makes the blocks perfectly cubed.

The competition--who can make the highest free standing block tower.  (basically
same rules as previous block stacking events)

I have a bit of bad news.

Now, I'm interested.

To add complexity (if there's a demand), I was thinking about combining block
stacking and block sorting--20 white blocks, 20 black blocks--your 'bot can only
stack the colour of blocks that matches the colour of your starting square.

Another option is to give bonus points for consecutive blocks of the same color.
That would allow people to stack any color block, but get more points if they
use the same color.  For example +1 for each block that matches the block color
below it.

Steve