 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11907
Re: Because on topic is unusual
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:01:14 GMT

when an ex girlfriend needed the hood logo for her BMW I went to a scrap
yard.   Cost me $5.

I had to remove it myself.... but thats what a flat head screwdriver is
for.  OH, and if you mess up, just move to the next car.

Being a Downtown city boy, I don't know where any of these "Scrap Yards"
you speak of are.  Any suggestions of were I might go?

start with the YelloPages.  I'm serious. you will find MANY within 416 area
code.

a few are just down the street from HollyNorth.

How do they
work?

very well, I think.

Do they just let you run around with a screw driver pull off what
you like then they tell you how much it is?

YES, thats EXACTLY how it works.  keep in mind they are there to sell BIG ticket
items like motor parts, and body housings.. so when someone asks for a badge, or
plate... they could care less about you and your $5 order.

It's a 2001 or 2002 Saturn SL1

Derek

before you actually GO to a scrap yard, CALL THEM and ask if they have any  XY
or Z cars in stock??  The gruff guy who answers will know right off the top if
he has your make and model.

Chris
I've had breakfast in my almost finished kitchen and its a WONDERFUL thing.