 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10785
Re: C$ - Code Only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:31:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Here's a quick look at the interface for a code-only C$ game.

Steve,  can I have a few days to do some testing?  I'm not sure when you want to
run the contest.

Steve,

  One of the thing I noticed when working on the book generation code, there are
typically multiple unique drop sequences that get you to the same board state,
even when just picking the best hypothetical moves.

  In an RCX environment that had malloc, you could keep a binary tree of the
board states that had been evaluated at a given hypothetical level, and not
bother to recompute the goodness.  This could help in reducing the number of
evaluation calls.  Hmmmm....

Kevin