 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10784
Re: Elevations for Train 6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:27:12 GMT

Still battery powered though, so I wouldn't call it ideal for shows, but
trading 9v for AAs is a cost improvement.

I'm thinking that depending on your purity level, because the battery is
stationary, it's feasible to do a battery replacement thing where you supply 9V
DC to the battery box via contacts that "look" like a battery but have a wire
coming out ... some would find that too impure though.

And it would give us a way to
do station stops.

Ya!

Even more than one if you had two racer recharger units...

Definitely worth a look.

Now if I could just make some time to actually hack with it.

How heavy is your planned peoplemover vehicle? (perhaps expressed in terms of
bricks???) Is it like the earlier one you did?
Derek