 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10776
Re: C$ - Code Only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:38:56 GMT

Here's a quick look at the interface for a code-only C$ game.

Steve,  can I have a few days to do some testing?  I'm not sure when you want to
run the contest.

Kevin,

I really didn't plan on having a "contest".  Sorry if I misled you.  I know
several people have code, and they wanted to know how it stacks up against other
people's code.  I'm just trying to set-up a format in which they can do that.
So far, you're the only one who's really expressed interest.  I still think
Michael is working on something, but I'm not sure.

To answer your other questions:
I can see a couple reasons for having more than one program (for going first or
second).  It's possible you could create a separate set of logic, designed to
play to a draw, if you're going second.  If, in fact, you believe your program
could win, even playing second, there wouldn't be a good reason to play for a
draw.

Considering the fact that you can't load two of these programs in a single RCX,
it's reasonable to assume you're using as much of the memory as possible.  So,
the difference between the two programs would just be the opening book.  I
suspect that's the reason for having two programs.

Next, assuming that you weren't just making stuff up when you said you changed
your -200 to 1, that means you changed your BrickOS code.  So, I assume you did
the same as Michael, and re-wrote some of your code in assembler.  That sounds
like a good plan.

Steve
"You are soooooo clever.  I should not have bothered to even ask the
question..... I mean I *am* talking to Steve" - KC