 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10760
Re: C$ - Code Only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

  First things first, I have one program for player 0, and a second program for
player 1.  I cannot play both games with the same program.  I'm sure you'll
figure out why.

So, does that mean (if you were using a robot) you would have to switch RCXs
between games, depending on if you went first or second?  :)

That is one way to solve it.  A second way is to have a total of 3 RCX's.  One
for running the LEGO hardware, and one for each program.  You turn off the one
you don't want to use depending on if you go first or second.

Have you figured out *why* I would do this yet?

yes.  I can think of two valid reasons.  :)

  There is no real need for steps 3 or 5 (steps 4 and 6 provide the same thing),
but if you tell me what value you want me to send I can send it.

That's true.  But, given the UI that I have set-up in MY RCX, it is required.
Just send back the move number.

Ahhhh, so we all have to put useless code in our programs because that is the
way you did it?  I guess since it is your contest, you can do what you want,
even if it is irrelevent.

right.  You don't have to play, if you don't want to.   :)  :)

Send back the move you just received.  Or any random number between 1 and 6.

programming my BFB.  So, outside LEGO, I've never used either.  :)

Well you are in the minority.  More stuff we don't need in our code.

Yes.  Currently, your code has a +100.  Change that to +1

Chris, am I doing better in my rtlToronto style banter?

You're getting there.

Steve
"You are soooooo clever.  I should not have bothered to even ask the
question..... I mean I *am* talking to Steve."  -KC