 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10758
Re: C$ - Code Only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:26:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

  First things first, I have one program for player 0, and a second program for
player 1.  I cannot play both games with the same program.  I'm sure you'll
figure out why.

So, does that mean (if you were using a robot) you would have to switch RCXs
between games, depending on if you went first or second?  :)

  There is no real need for steps 3 or 5 (steps 4 and 6 provide the same thing),
but if you tell me what value you want me to send I can send it.

That's true.  But, given the UI that I have set-up in MY RCX, it is required.
Just send back the move number.

Still trying to get a clear answer to a simple question.....

Are you saying that *any* message is fine for step 3?  When you say "send back
the move number" are you meaning the move we just received, or the move we
rapidly predict with our 1750 page opening book?  If you mean the latter, then
once again you have us adding more code than we need.

Kevin