 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *3129 (-20)
  Re: Train 3 Height and Width

I'm good with that. The roof beams in my train station are exactly 15 blocks from baseplate to bottom of the beam. So if there is a problem with your construction there will be a problem with mine. I think my highest car is just under 14 blocks (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train 3 Height and Width

This question is posed to Derek and Iain: will both of your trains and wagons fit through this area (its 15 blocks and 1 plate in at the highest point.... (URL) have created a train station (the dark grey region in this image (URL) ) and one of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My Entry -- Re: Project X and game play

(...) I finally got a small page together for my 'bot for rtl X Now no stealing too many ideas ;p Anyway, I'll have it up as soon as I get home tonite, so check around 7 p.m. and it should be there. Take care Dave (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The Usual Trip

As the veterans of rtlToronto competitions know, I always have a trip during the competition dates. It is as reliable as the rising of the sun. It's to Austria, in case anyone cares. Have fun with Project X, guys :) Takes lots of pictures :) Jeff E (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner, Friday January 11th, 2002

(...) Doh! Cut and paste gets me again. I was on the strung out "no cable modem" junkie withdrawal...but the cable guy just came by and fixed the cable run, so I'm back online! (...) Hey, there's no shame in using good ideas. (tossing bait out for (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Project X and game play

(...) And it would keep Ben busy with scoring ;) Dave (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Project X and game play

(...) It also makes it tricky for people that build more then one robot. I was originally going to do this, however with my current time constraints it doesn't look like this going to happen. (...) Yes, I definitely want to be able to watch other (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Auuuughhhhhh!!! Re: [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner, Friday January 11th, 2002

(...) Besides the November dinner in January, I was invited to a dinner engagement in Toronto on Friday, unfortunaltely it has nothing to do with LEGO or Mels :( If you want to crash a party, i'll be at the Mariott (Bay and College, so I'm (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner, Friday January 11th, 2002

(...) but I sure want some! Well I'm definitely going to show up for this one, since I've missed the Dec dinner and all. Will give me a nice chance to steal, I mean share - yeah that's it, some pre-rtl10 bot ideas :)) Ivan "Push to test, release to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner, Friday January 11th, 2002

Hi folks, rtlToronto November Monthly Dinner Friday, January 11th, 2002, 6pm Mel's Montreal Deli, 440 Bloor Street West (E of Bathurst) (URL) yer friendly reminder of the rtlToronto Monthly Dinner, this Friday. You know the place, you know the time, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Project X and game play

(...) Well, I have put both my RCXs (RCXes? RCXen?) facing each other, 2 studs apart, and then i made a hinged cover for the emitters/receivers. Perhaps we should organize, and give everyone who needs them a specific block of IR message numbers to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Project X and game play

(...) We could go head to head, 2 'bots at a time. It says right on the rules that anyone using multiple RCX's should build in fault tolerance ;p For those of us who can do it all with 1 RCX, we're not too worried ;) Whatever the group decides... I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train3, Is there still space for me?

(...) Sorry for not posting....but I have been up to the cottage for a week on holidays. As I mentioned earlier, I am very close to finishing up my town hall. I need to work on finishing up the clock tower, and the roof (which needs 4 bags of roof (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Project X and game play

While discussing a few items about the contest I has been brought to my attention that there is a very good chance that many robots entered will use more than one rcx. With this assumption, I was wondering how practical it would be to run our robots (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Visit to Cookstown

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GpJ7xE.HKD@lugnet.com... (...) find (...) That was really neat. I liked how clean the store was. I just saw Gattaca again. I forgot how much I absolutely love every single aspect of that (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train3, Is there still space for me?

Will there be room for one more? Is their space for a 32 x 64 chapel in the T3 town-works program… If so, I'd like to petition for a space…but it’s a tentative arrangement. [I can’t guarantee arrival; factorin’ weather conditions and school I deduce (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train3, Is there still space for me?

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GpJ6zJ.EJt@lugnet.com... (...) That, and you'd have to cap 60 minutes of footage into Premiere at 1:1. Horrible! ATI's All in Wonder has a time lapse function. Build a RCX powered device (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Visit to Cookstown

Iain and I went out to Cookstown Outlet Mall yesterday. It was pretty neat-there's the Lego outlet store called Bricks and Blocks (run by the "Toy Boys" (?), it says on the sign) which is, I suppose well known to rtlToronto folks, part of the same (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train3, Is there still space for me?

(...) Yes, absolutely! (...) JeffE was going to use the spacer if no one else was going to. If we remove the spacer, then a two long module fits perfectly on the right side between me and JeffVW, if you remove Dave and relocate him to offside the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [Review: Technic 8466 4x4]

(...) The 8466 suspension is still bouncy and pretty high riding over here. But mine's only been assembled for a week or two. The 8880 Supercar has exactly the opposite, it's my opinion the 8880 sits too high, and it has two shocks per wheel. Calum (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.reviews)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact