 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / *624 (-100)
  Re: Dear LEGO...

I think there was a published list a ways back, I just couldn't find it. I know that Chicago-area got 2 stores, Boston got another one, Southern California (LA-area) got another store, NY City Metropolitan got 2 (1 in NJ - Paramus Park) and 1 Nyark) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Well, it's not really a "list" per se, but I was referring to this page of new store openings on the LEGO site, which lists cities by country: (URL) Strutt (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) G'day Tim, To which "big list" are you referring? Can you post a link? Thanx, KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) As a side note, our benevolent member-at-large has been willing to help us by shipping 50, yes, 50 large PAB containers worth to us so far from Boston. And we have orders for many more still. That number would be a lot higher if we were able (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) I agree Jake. Ottawa would be an excellent choice as it is between Canada's two largest cities, Montreal and Toronto, it is Canada's Capital, it has a population of over 1 million people in the region, it lies on the border of the two largest (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Dear LEGO...

Jake, ...or whatever other LEGO representative that might be reading this... Why has Canada been left out of this big list of LEGO store openings?!?! Not to ignore other countries, but Canada actually had a LEGO S@H until a couple years ago, and (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) x-posted to Ottawa and ParLUGment Looking forward to seeing those who can make the trip. Jude (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Photos (Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.)

(...) Cool I will have to try a setup like that when I get some time. Thanks, Kevin (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) snip (...) Thanks Tim! Honestly I don't think it's any different from when you guys last saw it. :) I think the only thing I had left to do after that was some minor detail work and swaping out some yellow hinges for black ones I was waiting (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: Photos (Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.)

(...) Thanks Kevin! Here are some details on what I usually do... Setup: Here's a (URL) of my usual photography setup. I used to use a long piece of heavy paper from a (very) large printer but I find the bed sheet is much easier to work with. Due to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) That looks incredible. We'll have to plan our next meeting for your place so we can all 'oo' and 'ah' over it. I've had the privilege of seeing this near completion, and it looked GREAT. Great to finally see it in all its glory. You've put us (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Photos (Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.)

Very nice Jason. Between that and Junkbot I can see you've been using your time very well :) I have one question. How are you taking such high quality photographs - especially the ones with the all white backgrounds? The photographs are brilliantly (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Meeting Monday March 29th, 2004

Hello LEGO fans in the Ottawa area, We are having a Parlugment meeting this Monday night at my house. If you are interested, give me an email for more information. Kevin (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Super Junkbot!

Introducing my latest MOC, Super Junkbot! The recyclingist recycler this side of LEGOLAND. Beware his shifty eyes... (URL) those that don't know who Junkbot is, prepare to say goodbye to countless hours of your life (assuming you like puzzle (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !!

  Re: PlayValue Clearance Items

Thanks Tim, that was a lot of work you did! I stopped by there today at lunch to pick up a couple of items. Jeff ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> To: <lugnet.org.ca.parlu...gnet.com>; (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  PlayValue Clearance Items

I took a trip to PlayValue today and decided to write down all the clearance items, not including Bionicle and Duplo/Primo. For those who aren't familiar with PlayValue, they are located at 1501 Carling Ave in Ottawa, and are the best location for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Selected Sets at Toys R Us on sale!

(...) Well, Ottawa's Merivale TRU had 3 less 4511 High Speed Trains when Kevin Dixon and I left this morning. I hadn't intended to get this set, but at 50% off, you can't go wrong. I got there when they opened at 8, fortunately there was no rush, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

For anyone that has not heard of this bucket, see this link (URL) Regner, PE R Squared Digital Media rose@r2dm.com www.r2dm.com "Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:Hn609y.s9G@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

I would also like to give credit for the following building I built for the show: (URL) is Reinhard Ben Beneke's design as can be seen here: (URL) built a fairly close copy using the ldraw file he had posted. I must say it is an amazing model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks for these pictures! I've added them to my collection and if I win any money in Las Vegas (leaving on Saturday) I'll buy the ISD and make some. And thanks to Jason for creating them. Hugs to all, Shirley. (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) I notice your two 'people' pictures have your wife in them. Yes, Pam is a person but I think there might have been a few other individuals at the show. :-) Jude (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

Looking at that inventory, I DO hope it shows up at US S@H or US stores. Heck, I just wanted the red tubs before this inventory was posted ;-) Anyone willing to swap some empty red tubs/lids with some of my blue, if these don't make it to the US? (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: Storage

(...) Tim, You have inspired me. So I only picked up another 3 last night.:-) At first I went to the CTC on Coventry thinking that I cleaned out Ogilvie. And I was treated to the now famous here at work red shirt laziness. I asked three people where (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Hi Shirley, The fountains were Jason's, since he was the only one with an ISD at his disposal. :-) I uploaded a couple more pictures of the fountains for your benefit. (URL) Play well. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Is it just me or is there a history of new buckets/tubs like this showing up in the fall, quite unannounced? Didn't the 4107 sort of drop in from the sky like this last year around this time? Curious, Allan B. (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Hi Kevin, Thanks for posting your pictures. The one of the restaurant has the best picture yet of those fountains I'm so enamoured of. Tim's fountains I think? Hugs to all, Shirley. (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) That's odd. I can't find that one at S@H. Closest there is 4727 or something like that. ~Mike (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Here are my pictures from the show: (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Storage

(...) <snip> (...) I was a little more reserved and only bought 3 of the dozen at Merivale CT. Thanks for the tip Jeff. Tim (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) I spent hours trying to figure out which colour was which, light blue, medium blue, light green, medium green, etc. I've been using the wrong colour names quite a bit up till now. Anyways, yes, the single 1x1 brick is aqua coloured. Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Has this been confirmed as a Canada only set? Calum (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) (URL) looks like the 1x1 brick you listed as 'lt.green' is actually aqua as defined on Peeron and BL. See Aqua here: (URL) is also listed as a color on Peeron, one of the aqua parts is the teddy bear, which is the same color as pictured above. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) <snip> I hate replying to my own posts, but... Dan Boger has now added the inventory to Peeron. (URL) well. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) I'm already checking driving distance from Minneapolis to Thunder Bay... *grin* Just don't expect Yahoo! or Mapquest to give a good route. Yahoo wants to send me there via Winnipeg, Mapquest via International Falls. That's just not right! (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Yes, we thought it was worth buying multiples of, as you may see in the following picture; (URL) well. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Wow, that set has an *amazing* selection of colors in it! This looks like a 'must buy several' set... JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Well, I finally finished inventorying the 4400 Tub last night. Submitted it to Peeron and Lugnet, although I got a bounced email message from one of them, couldn't decipher which one. Pictures are here; (URL) delimited text file inventory is (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Storage

(...) <snip really long URL> (...) Thanks for the tip Jeff. They only had 9 at my local CTC, which just so happens to be the max amount I can fit in my Neon without cleaning my trunk out first. <grin> The down side to a one bedroom apartment is I (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Storage

If anyone has been looking to buy the plastic towers with drawers, but found them way too expensive, you might want to look at the following url. I found some priced at 12.49 Canadian last Sunday at Canadian Tire. (URL) made it into my car from the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Very nice work! I particularly like the 6X6 trans-light blue radar dishes in the 8X8 gray dishes as water in the fountain. (I bet the ISD creator wasn't thinking of THAT when he included those pieces.) I also like the way you've taken some of the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Thanks Jude and John-- I was thinking of the larger one. It's a horrible set. I bought it for the canopies. Ick. Calum (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Which one? I've seen the large one at Winners for $20 (URL) and the small one at Walmart for $7 (URL) John (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) I saw it for $20 @ Walmart Jude (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) They were $15 here and out of three stores, two had them. I might get another for the heck of it. Just to confirm, how much was the Alpha Team yellow submarine last week? Calum (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Really good pictures Tim! Very sharp and clear, and you did a really thorough job. These are my favorites: (URL) should be posting the rest of my pictures in the next day. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) We got them at Walmart. They are advertising that the tubs are $15 marked down from $30 but last week they were seen for $20. From what I can tell only one palette was delivered to each store as part of the Aniversary sale. Jude (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Where are you guys finding these tubs? And for how much? Allan B. (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4400 Red Creator Tub

(...) Hey Tim! No, no one has yet, so if you have the time, please, by all means. I took a few photos and put them in my BrickShelf account, but have since sorted them all away into other bins. (URL) the weirdest selection I've ever seen in my life. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  4400 Red Creator Tub

So, has anybody inventoried the 4400 Tub yet? I was going to, but if someone has already, I won't bother. Has everyone opened one yet? Interesting pieces. 1x1's trans red, 1x2's trans red & blue, 2x2's trans red & blue, 2x2 45 slopes in trans red & (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Hi Shirley, We were glad you could come out and let us know you were in Ottawa. Sorry the picture didn't turn out great. Must have caught you in mid-sentence. We were talking and agreed that we should be posting more to LUGNET, rather than (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Hi Tim, Kevin and everyone else! The Lego display this weekend was awesome! I got so many great ideas from viewing it. I'm seriously considering buying the ISD just so I can get the transblue radar dishes to make fountains like in the park that was (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

ParLUGment just had our first showing here in Ottawa, and everybody loved it. The word "LEGO" was on the lips of both young and old at the Train Show. Everybody was coming back again and again. It was such a joy to see. The layout was the most (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  ParLUGment Display at Railfair 26 Train Show

ParLUGment just had our first showing here in Ottawa, and everybody loved it. The word "LEGO" was on the lips of both young and old at the Train Show. Everybody was coming back again and again. It was great to see. We all had an awesome time and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Here's my teasers: (URL) tomorrow.... Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Here are a few pictures from day one: (URL) a teaser until the folder is moderated: (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Ooops, that should be: Saturday 11am-5:30pm Sunday 10am-4:30pm (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Hello, The Ottawa LEGO club ParLUGment is pleased to announce our first local showing in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. On October 18th and 19th, we will be displaying a 16' x 9' LEGO Train layout at Railfair 26. The show is at Algonquin College near (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: What kind of events do Ontario LEGO builders want? (WAS Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto)

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to comment on this! (...) Here's a thought. I'll throw it out there, and you can see what you think. What if 2, or 3, or more Ottawa area builders car-pooled and then shared lodging in Toronto? Even if they (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Zellers sale

Jeff, The bad news was that was the sale. :-( For the last several years we have always had a BOGO during the week before Easter and this year all we got was that. Just a bunch of sets at prices we had already seen (and probably bought) months ago (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Zellers sale

Hi all, FYI I was in at Zellers on Merivale yesterday and they had the following marked down: Star Wars 7200 - Final Duel 1 7201 - Funal Duel II 7203 - Jedi Defense I Reduced from: 9.97 to 6.88 to Under $5.00 Alpha Team 4791 - was also under $5.00 I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Gianluca Morelli writes: (snip) (...) Someone found theses clone parts in a huge lot at a flea market. Pierre (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

(...) Excellent layout. Really beautiful! Now,let's start with questions :-) How did you make trhe bikes on the car rooftop here? (URL) they non-lego? How did you make those 6x6 windows? (URL) building.....here's an uncut view (I immediately noticed (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in it's fourth Montreal area train show. And what a great weekend! :-) It was our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors, Jean-Marc Détraz from NovaLUG dropped by for a visit and we were (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !!

  Re: Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

(...) I only wish I could get a hold of a couple of those 3x3 yellow corners. You are VERY fortunate. And I've seen the pictures of your haul from that Red Letter Day - I can only dream <whimper>. Tim (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:HD5pA7.K2E@lugnet.com... (...) A truly excellent model! My version, non tilting, Metroliner liveried with 40 stud-long coaches (URL) will be showing at the NBLTC show at LEGOLand (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

(...) Hmmmm? For some reason my sub-directories got moderated, but not the main one. So, here's the links for the moderated directories: (URL) well. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

(...) I received a question about it, so I figured I'd add the info here. There were 5 MonLUG and 3 ParLUGment members who contributed and stayed at the show full time, and one other MonLUG member contributed his previously-non-LEGO signinficant (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

Well, I finally have all the pictures and movies posted to Brickshelf from our Train and Town Layout this past weekend in Montreal. I had a problem trying to get them all into a single directory, so I had to break them up into a few directories. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon) !

  MonLUG's 4th Train Show, April 5th and 6th

A french message follows. Un message français suit. Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's fourth participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, April 5th from (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !

  BULK buys of 9756 available - 17 CAD$ per unit, minimum 20 units

I figured I should post this for the canadian community to get a crack at these before my stock is all gone. These are brand new/in bags, ready to ship, local shipping is super cheap as well, figured at your next meeting someone could distribute (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Intelli-Train at Winners

I saw a couple Intelli-Train sets at Winners the other day with red mark-down stickers on them. Not sure why, seeing as its a brand new line, but I decided to take advantage of it. A month too late for the larger set though, since I'd already picked (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: an other LEGOMAN plate

Someone already has the California "LEGOMAN" plate, but this thread prompted me to order customized plates. I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch, so I won't reveal what it is yet, but I plan to post about it when I get them. --Bill. FUT: (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Re: My Christmas Gift from my parents

Hello all! (...) I suppose that I should show my plates as well. I have had these for about, ohhhh, 3 years now. It was a Christmas present from my girlfriend. I will say that all of the above that was mentioned is true for me as well. It's a funny (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people)

  an other LEGOMAN plate

Hey Jude, Welcome to the club! I also have mine... Since a few months now: (URL) can't beleive how many comments I had so far... And of course, the SMILES! I had to overcome the "sillyness" stuff about myself at first, but I'm so happy now that I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Re: My Christmas Gift from my parents

(...) Here in New York State, I used to see a car with the plate LEGO 1 (about 6 or 7 years ago). It always passed me going the other direction when I was driving a vending delivery truck in Ithaca and I never had occasion to stop the driver and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people)

  Re: My Christmas Gift from my parents

(...) Dear Jude, I hope you enjoy your plate! I'm from Pennsylvania and I also have a plate that reads "LEGO MAN" with the only difference being a space between LEGO and MAN. I've had mine since 1993 and I'm surprised it hasn't been stolen yet. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people)

  Re: My Christmas Gift from my parents

(...) Calum (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people)

  My Christmas Gift from my parents

I opened a Christmas gift from my parents, a <set:7315 7315> and noticed it was a little heavy. So I opened the box, despite the cry of no from my sister who did not want me to build it right in the middle of opening gifts. Inside I found a new set (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people) !

  PlayValue has a web site!

In the so-called "information age", most stores do. But I didn't know playvalue did, and it's such a useful site too! It lists their store hours, and all the items they have on sale. (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  PlayValue Clearance Items

I know that this only applies to those who can get to Ottawa for shopping, but here's several reasons to make the trip. For PlayValue's address, see the ParLUGment homepage: (URL) 1351 Movie Backdrop Studio 34.99 1352 Expolosion Studio 9.99 1354 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: My First Public Moonbase Display

(...) Thanks Kevin. I'll have to unpack it first. ;-) Jude (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Congratulation Kevin

(...) Thanks for the complement. (...) Good cover :) Cheers, Kevin (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: My First Public Moonbase Display

(...) Looks good Jude! Hope its still set up at your apartment, so I can see it at the next meeting? ;) Kevin (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  PlayValue Clearance Items

I know that this only applies to those who can get to Ottawa for shopping, but here's several reasons to make the trip. For PlayValue's address, see the ParLUGment homepage: (URL) Polar Base, $49.99 6520 Mobile Outpost, $22.99 6579 Ice Surfer, $3.99 (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: My First Public Moonbase Display

(...) Thanks a lot Gil. It was a lot of fun to build. I wish I could take the break but I have a lot to do at work so hopefully I will be on vacation in 5 weeks. :-) I found the moonbase got a very good response, firstly, when I proposed the idea to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: My First Public Moonbase Display

I'd say you've been busy!! Holee cow...that's a lot of building. I quite like the medical facilities and the air processor. The abundance of classic space designs and variants give me that sentimental feeling, particularily on the cusp of the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Almost a drug...

(...) I was not moderated due to technical difficulties. But they are there now. (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  My First Public Moonbase Display

I have been busy the last few months, getting ready for a show. I am pleased to announce that at the Montreal Train and Hobby show on Nov 9-10 I was able to display my first moonbase featuring 8 1/2 :-) modules. (URL) Lab (URL) Quarters (URL) Hall (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !!

  Re: TRU Sales

(...) Just realized that the item numbers were the same for #2 and #3 on the list. Sorry, but I copied them off the store tag, so I guess they'd made a mistake on the Playtable tag. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  TRU Sales

Stopped by the local TRU in Ottawa today and wrote down some sale prices. Items on sale until Dec.24 4107 Build your Dreams (Strata) Tub, 1000 pcs, $19.97 from $29.99 4116 Animal Adventures Bucket, 212 pcs, $9.97 from $14.99 4116 Playtable (had (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Almost a drug...

(...) My Brickshelf directory is now moderated with pictures from the show: (URL) Brickshelf directory has lots of pictures too: (URL) still isn't moderated. :-( Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  Almost a drug...

This weekend, MonLUG and ParLUGment participated in a Montreal Area train show and we had a little article on page 11 of Sunday's edition of Le Journal de Montreal about the show and our participation. The article, which is written in french, can be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Reminder: MonLUG and ParLUGment's joint Train Show this weekend

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town)

  Congratulation Kevin

Your renderings were quite amazing indeed. Congratulations on your wins! My wife thought these were just photos. After I explained what they were, she said "Virtual LEGOs eh? ....hmmmmm" and glanced around the room. I had to quickly explain why (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Looks cool Tim. I'll have to get you and Kevin to show me how this works one of these days. Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winner for October 2002

(...) Congratulations Kevin Dixon! You really ran away with the prizes this time eh? Great work. Keep it up. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

It took 14 hours, 45 minutes to render this one. :-) Tim (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Very nice Tim! How long did this one take to render? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

(...) As Jeroen pointed out to me, it is actually Thomas Burger's B-Unit that I used. Sorry about that. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  New Santa Fe Render

Well, it's not exactly a MOC, since Jeroen de Haan provided the Santa Fe MLCAD files, but I did create the scene and sky. (URL) me know what you think. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact