 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 552
Re: My Christmas Gift from my parents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:56:22 GMT

Hello all!

I hope you enjoy your plate!  I'm from Pennsylvania and I also have a plate
that reads "LEGO MAN" with the only difference being a space between LEGO
and MAN.  I've had mine since 1993 and I'm surprised it hasn't been stolen
yet.  I'm new to this computer thing and have no means to post a picture of
it yet.  What I've done with mine is I made a frame using LEGO to replace
the cheap plastic one they put around your plate when you buy a car from a
dealer.  Mine is very simple and just uses basic bricks alternating with the
basic colors.  I've had people inquire if I was part of the rainbow
coalition due to how colorful it is!  Someday if I ever get a car that has
the space for the rear plate like that of the cars within the european
nations, I'll alter the plate frame so that it spells out using LEGO
elements "I'M A"  LEGO MAN "IAC".  Like building with LEGO, the
possibilities are endless.  As you drive around you'll find that people will
pass you with thumbs up, especially if they have children.  Also while
waiting at lights, I've looked into my review window to see parents flailing
their arms over the front seat to wake up the children sleeping in the back
seat to point and gawk at the plate.  I have not scene any other LEGO
related vanity plates until yours here on LUGNET even though I travel by car
quite a bit.  I wonder how many other AFOL's have vanity plates that are
LEGO related?  Whatever the case, Jude, I wish you many happy trails and be
sure to keep that front plate clean of bugs in the warmer months.

Take Care,

Patrick S. O'Donnell

I suppose that I should show my plates as well.  I have had these for about,
ohhhh, 3 years now.  It was a Christmas present from my girlfriend.  I will
say that all of the above that was mentioned is true for me as well.  It's a
funny feeling when you look in your rear-view mirror and see people pointing
and smiling.  Kind of makes you feel good.  I personally didn't like the
sound of LEGOMAN when I registered the plates, so I did this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck360198/Misc/blazer22.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck360198/Misc/blazer16.jpg

I like the sound of that!  :-)

Brendan