 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 219
Re: latest layout photo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:39:04 GMT

You are right, the switching yard stinks.  But we can't fit 6 tracks AND have
room for structures or a storage yard, in 30.5 inch width.  Maybe moving the
switching yard to the right side and the mountain and elevator to the bottom
would be best.

More tables is always an option, but would require two vans or two trips to
transport.  This might be circumvented by the fact that a friend from St Paul
has offered to lend me his trailer for our next show! (I haven't looked at it
yet to see if it would work.) As well I have no interest in making more tables,
I still have to make and paint the legs for a layout this size.

John, the file is on your way.

Michel

James Brown wrote in message <39DBE42C.527B8E3C@shades-of-night.com>...
About the only thing I don't like is no train yard... Maybe kick the • mountain
higher on the layout, and run a short ladder off the outside track?

I agree with the need for an obvious train yard.  One idea would be to
squeeze in two more 30" tables at the bottom center.  Our total layout
dimensions
would increase from 120"x130" to 120"x150".  Is this doable?  [1]

If necessary, we could reduce the size of the open space in the center by
10".

I'd like to get more of our rolling stock (ok, ok - Michel's rolling stock) • on
the table instead of under it.

Indeed.

[1] Michel, please mail me the track designer file.  It probably would
be easier to explain this with an example...