 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 251
Re: latest layout photo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:41:16 GMT

James,
The switching yard looks better.  Unfortunately moving the mountain up, means a
curve leads into it, requiring significant clearances.  Not insurmountable.

Lifting the city portion is a neat idea, but I couldn't help but notice that
the WAMALTC group used a lot of DUPLO, are you looking for an excuse to start
buying some for your daughter?!

We have been tossing around a lot of ideas, should we start making some
decisions?  Elevated town site, or large mountain scene to showcase 12V and
4.5V (per PNLTC) and bridges of course!
Michel

Finally got around to drawing up what I meant...

It's the 2000_v1b.tdl file.

Another thing that we could do (I'm positive that either Chris or I have
enough individually, and certainly if we combine resources) is raise the
entire top right area (the 61x61 square designated for town/city).  The inside
loop coud be left as is (not build the table up where it goes by) and the
outside loop could go though a long tunnel under the whole area.  This is like
what WAMALTC did at the last Greenburg show...
http://www.peeron.com/pics/Greenberg092000/thumbnails/sub.jpg.html
http://www.peeron.com/pics/Greenberg092000/thumbnails/setup.jpg.html
...which I think would be a cool idea to shamelessly steal. :)

Then we could do some "half buildings" like the train station at GFLTC's last
show...
...which would also be neat to shamelessly steal :)