 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 245
Re: latest layout photo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:41:47 GMT

"SRC" <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> writes:

I hadn't considered that when I made the changes, but it wouldn't take
much to make it loop-switchable...   <goes away and modifies design>
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=16685   How's that?
2.3 loops interconnected with an inner inclined loop over/through a
mountain and an enlarged switching yard.  Oh - forgot to make the
double tunnel in the mountain...  Imagine a much larger mountain with
this one:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=16686
Please feel free to start another design from scratch and rotate it 90
degrees - I'm still just mangling the file you sent before to show what
I'm describing.  I'm quite open to wholesale changes to the layout.
You define the table space and I'll fill it up.   :-)

My main problem here is that the main-line loops all have places where
the train has to go through the curved part of a switch. The outer loop
has three. That could restrict operation at high speed, and unattended.
If you can fix things so that the mainline portion goes through the straight
parts of the switches...

Where does the mountain go? Top left corner? If so, I would suggest not
having switches in tunnels.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/