 Off-Topic / Geek / 5108
Re: Multilingual webserver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:09:00 GMT

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 11:29:27AM +0000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Dan Boger wrote:

Yes, you use an external script for the mapping...  But it is a
fairly simple perl script.  And the infinite loops are avoided by
having the actual URLs be off a separate tree - /lego/dat/model.dat
could be rewritten as /real-files/12351/58273/model.dat...  And just
have the rewrite rule not apply to /real-files.

But what would I then do if somebody made links to /real-files?

Well, first of all no one would ever see /real-files in any url or
location bar, so they wouldn't know to link to it.  And anyway it is
easy to set up access such that direct requests to that URI would be
denied - accept only 'subrequests', as with apache's internal redirect.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com